How To Achieve Compliance In 3 Steps
Step 1- Air Pressure Testing Compliance Tips
- Ensure floor plan is sealed with silicone or caulk around skirting boards.
- OR apply expanding foam around perimeter of dwelling before fitting skirting boards (internal & external walls).
- Ensure ALL penetrations (including plumping, electrics & floorboards) are suitably sealed.
- Apply solid picture-frame dab around all socket outlets.
Step 2- Sound Insulation Testing Compliance Tips
- Ensure floor plan is sealed for best chance of a pass.
- Use suitable acoustic reducing approved products (acoustic insulation/underlays)
- Avoid as many penetrations to partition walls/ floors as possible (including spotlights/sockets etc).
Step 3- Ventilation Testing Compliance Tips
- Where possible, avoid flexi-ducting and try to instead use rigid ducting. If unavoidable, then do not use excess flexi-ducting.
- Avoid using roof-tile outlets where possible and instead aim to vent out through external walls.
- Ensure that extract fans meet requirements of approved document F.
We hope you make use of these three key steps on how to achieve compliance for your building.